Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stayin Alive


Yet another adventure into the great internetopia has led our Social Media class to Viral Videoland, a place where anything is possible. 

Anyone can create a sufficiently edited video and post to the web with a little knowledge and a a lot of creativity (and even the creativity part is flexible). 

With these powers, I too have created a video. The internet is rife with user-creator tools that will help even the most inept internet user create something that any and everybody will want to see. I used Sprout Builder to create my video, but the choices are limitless. Unfortunately, a lot of the sites are still in beta and things are constantly evolving on the site so it might be hard to stay consistent. Sift through the bad to get to the good.

While sitting in my room, listening to my re-mastered Bee Gees vinyl, I realized that people are fighting to stay alive each day. This could be made easier if sexually active individuals would get tested and get tested often. Tests are affordable, easy, and results are possible within 2-3 days.

You can find out more at www.tx.tstd.org

Stay Alive. Get Tested.

3 comments:

Ceci Garcia said...

Great video!! It was very unexpected. I was waiting for a fashion PSA, certainly not an AIDS PSA. I agree with your whole blog! I am glad you chose this particular issue to talk about because it is SOO important to get tested and be safe! Good job!

Analee Paz said...

Great job on your video! You did two things that no one else in class did...your topic AND use video footage! It was nice to see a change of pace and theme! Overall, great idea!

Plus, I am jealous you made sprout work! It didn't for me!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved your video. You took such a great approach towards this issue. Consider submitting it to www.tx.tstd.org. I can only imagine the struggle these guys must face when approaching advertising for stds. I think that this video has great potential to serve as a commercial for them. It has a great catchy song, funny video clips, but a wonderful and a striking message.
Who knows, it could show up on the tv one day.

Privacy Policy

All visitors to this site refer to the privacy policy of SEU