Monday, November 3, 2008

Oprah and Acai Berries and Facebook...Oh My!



What do Oprah, Acai berry producers, and Facebook all have in common?

They all want me to lose weight, and now!

For the last two months or so, Facebook has been on my case to scarf down this infamous berry while reading how the queen of daytime television keeps her yo-yo diets fresh and new.

I refreshed my browser 9 times in a row and I counted 7 ads that concerned weight loss in some form or fashion.
I'm all for an aggressive marketing campaign, but this is ridiculous...aaaaand mildly offensive.
I'm not FAT facebook, I'm big-boned, but thanks for pointing it out. Geez!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing is, it's a scam.
My wife signed up fro their "free 14 day trial". After two weeks and still not receiving the pills, I noticed that our credit card had been charged $89.95. The next day, the 14-day trial arrives with a note saying if we didn't cancel in 14 days we'd be charged that amount.
It did have a number to call to cancel or for refunds, however I stayed in the holding-pattern of robot calls and got no one.
Finally we just had to report the card stolen and get a new number.
Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I draw a line at Facebook advocating some glorified scam in the name of Oprah.

Privacy Policy

All visitors to this site refer to the privacy policy of SEU