Sunday, September 28, 2008

Blogger Blues


I think I might be bad at this whole blogging thing.

According Technorati, there are over 112.8 million blogs. 112.8 million!!!! I am just one blog in a sea of blogtastic blogging blogospheres. That is incredibly intimidating.

Not only is it intimidating, but also time consuming. Blog readers are a demanding bunch. They want what you have to write, and they want it now and they want it often. Blog readers thrive off instant gratification. This forces the blogger to become an ever-vigilant partaker of the webworld. That can be exhausting.
The responbibilites of a blogger are so much more than expected. I don't know how some people do it, but I need them to teach me.
Paul Bradshaw's "Five Stages of a Blogger's Life" accurately depict what can happen to the ill-prepared blogger.
Blogs can be an amazing resource -- both personally and professionally. I would like to say that it has become an asset to me. I'm sure it will at one point, but I know I was not cut out to be a blog writer. A blog writer cannot spend 2 days writing one entry. A blog writer cannot write 2 entries every 2 weeks. I'm working hard on these and many other things blog writers cannot do, but its a slow process.
I have to thank Dr. Weisgerber for her link to Bradshaw's page. It's nice to know I'm not the only one realizing blogging is not as easy as it looks.
So fellow blog writers and readers, this post is a disclaimer: bare with me. I'm taking baby steps, but hopefully one day I can take off running with this whole blog thing.

2 comments:

mandimex said...

I completely agree! I can never seem to find anything to write about especially something that pertains to pr. i have this mentality that we can write about absolutely anything but then find it tricky when i have to somehow trickle it back to pr :( you're not alone!

Analee Paz said...

Haha! I agree as well. It is really more time consuming than I imagined! I usually really have to expect to put some time aside to get my two blogs a week! I do have to admit, I feel as though I am getting better at picking subject topics that really do apply to this class! I just hope I am not ranting for too long!

Privacy Policy

All visitors to this site refer to the privacy policy of SEU